Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baby Macie

Sorry I haven't posted anything about our new addition to our family; we have been really busy with check-outs and school. Macie was born May 28, 2011 at 11:14 am and weighed 8lb 1oz. I had gone in the week before that to get induced, but Macie must have not been ready to come yet, because the doctor said I wasn't ready to be induced. He said I could still get induced, but it would be a long and painful process. So I decided to give it a week and see if Macie would come on her own. She didn't of course, so we went in that next Friday night to get induced. Nothing happened all night so they started me on pitocin and broke my water around 9 am.; almost immediately the contractions started and they came on hard and fast. When it was time to push, I had only pushed about 3 times and the nurse said they were going to get the doctor because she was ready to come. I was shocked, because with Hallie it took me an 1 1/2 of pushing before they went and got the doctor. So compared to Hallie, Macie's delivery was a lot faster; I wasn't as exhausted and I didn't throw up. You might not care about all of this, but this is kind of like a journal for me, otherwise I will forget. Anyways here are some pictures of our sweet baby girl.


















Macie definitely has the Haderlie lips. She also looks almost identical to Hallie when she was a baby.








6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! And I bet it is so nice to have a pretty easy labor to compare to your first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so pretty! I'm glad your delivery was better than with Hallie. I don't know about everyone, but most women I know hope their second (or subsequent) deliveries are better than their first! Anyway, she's beautiful and I love the photo of your two girls together. Such pretty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY! I have been waiting for this post... oh just come visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Amanda! That is so exciting, and she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a doll, Congrats on her arrival!! You will love having two girls, it's the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I've been checking your blog every now and then to see an update and today I lucked out! It is okay, you have a good excuse:) What cute girls and a cute family. I wish we lived closer so we could have a play date with the kids and just so we could hang out!!

    ReplyDelete